Monday, April 13, 2015

The End of the Line: Nismo S13 Silvia


I think my time in the GTA SA Modding community has come to a close. My free time is diminishing and my interest is waning. The community has shrunk since I've joined, many of the people I once knew have moved on, and I think it's my time too. I still have a large project folder of about 75 unfinished cars, and only time will tell what I will decide to do with them.

In my time as a modder, I had my share of successes and failures, like the Mugen NSX through which I became a JSW member and FOK, which was a flop on my part. However, from both of those experiences I have learned that groups and clans have their place in modding, but only if everyone is equal, accepted and motivated.

Anyways, it's been a great 3 years, and I've learned a lot, and even though GTA V for PC comes out tomorrow, I feel done, bored and retired from GTA.

I would like to thank the following people:
Marko - for being my closest friend in the GTA community and teaching me
Flash - for working me on many projects, teaching me and urging me to learn to scratch parts
GTR - for converting some of my stuff and teaching me to convert
gred - for inspiring me and always providing an example of quality with fewer polies
FR-Style - for giving me some helpful pointers early on
Keisuke - for providing me with example cars and his blog which started it all for me

read more after the jump

Lastly here are some pictures of the S13 that I started on January 15th. I tried to evoke a early 90's feel in the era of factory option catalog tuning. Consider it my "last" new project.
It will probably never be finished, but I'm hoping it will serve as an example of what I was and am capable of.
  • Base: 9IXA's S13, updated by FR-Style
  • reshaped nose (slanted in too much)
  • straightened hood
  • fixed body lines
  • new brick non-projector headlights
  • new door handles
  • reshaped taillights
  • scratched aero bumper with grille vents
  • scratched nismo lmgt1s
  • retextured interior
  • nismo lip by flash
  • nismo intercooler by gred
  • scratched oem aero window covers
  • nismo r32 grille
  • 180sx type x kouki skirts
  • 180sx type x kouki rear bumper covers
  • scratched kakimoto exhaust system
  • digidash
  • nismo 270r recaros
  • reshaped rear bumper and panel below taillights
  • redid inside of trunk
  • bilstein suspension
  • z32 brakes
  • hks sr20de
With that, I'm out.

Surge

















No comments:

Post a Comment